Greetings from the University of Mississippi’s Music Education Graduate Program!
We offer a Master of Music with an emphasis in music education, which is designed to give students advanced training in music and K-12 music education and/or prepares them for study at the doctoral level. We also offer a Ph.D. with an emphasis in music education, which is designed for students who wish to pursue advanced study in preparation for university teaching, research and other leadership roles in music education. The program is individualized to fit each student’s interest and background and includes a 9-credit elective area in music or music education.
What makes our music education graduate programs worthwhile?
- Four full-time and two part-time faculty members who are accessible to students
- Small class sizes
- Academic atmosphere that encourages students to question what they read and learn
- Fellowships and scholarships available
- Exceptional education at a great value (UM is rated among nation’s top 100 best public college values by Kiplinger’s Personal Finance magazine)
- Opportunity to participate in and present research at conferences, including the Mid-South Music Education Research Symposium, which we host every two years
- Chances to perform and teach in the local community
- Newly renovated music building
- Beautiful campus within Oxford, which offers big-city amenities, small-town charm
- Competitive graduate assistantships available